Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hello from sunny Salzburg.
So far this has been a very exciting trip. I arrived in Munich, Germany on Monday September 1st and as a group we stayed and explored until Thursday the 4th.
Our first night in Munich we got a quick tour before going to the HofbrÀuhaus for a group dinner. Which is a big beer house. If you need to know anything about the German culture, it's that they like their beer, and it doesn't matter what time it is. After dinner we were free to explore the rest of the evening or go back to our hostel and relax. Speaking of our hostel, The Wombat was a really nice place. Much nicer than the dorm I've stayed in previously. This was the lounge area in the center of the hostel.
On Tuesday the 2nd, we woke up and had breakfast at the hostel (and they had peanut butter!) before heading out on a guided city tour of Bavaria. Bavaria is a gorgeous city full of history.




The church was probably one of my favorite things to see. So intrigue and different than anything you will see in American church. The fountain on bottom left served as our point of direction to get back to our hostel. Beautiful city, very different than Chicago that's for sure. 
After our trip around the city had lunch before going to Olympia Park and the BMW museum and plant for a tour. It was fun to be in a building with that much money in it. Something that I felt my dad should have been with me. I think cars look nice, but don't really know a whole lot about them.









If you know me at all, you know my love for electric cars so BMW did not disappoint in that regard. The picture to the right -->
is me sitting in a very expensive car, even though it's hard to see me.
Wednesday the 3rd of September we visited the Castle Hohenschwangau which was absolutely breathtaking. I enjoyed seeing the outside of the castle a lot more than the tour of the inside of the castle. The views were picturesque and make you want to pinch yourself and ask if this truly is your life...
Our hike up was a rough one for those of us that are not use to walking absolutely everywhere. But we made it and the views made the hike worth it. As a group, we've kind of made it our thing to take group selfies with the fish bowl lens on the camera. Which I'm sure screams that we are Americans. But it makes for a cute little "family" tradition.



Then of course I had to make sure that my picture was taken the castle in the background. After the castle tour we went to the lake that was close by which was really relaxing. We were able to take off our shoes and put our feet in the cold water.
Our last day in Munich, September 4th was a tour of the Deutsches Museum and the Glyptohek for the History of European Art students. The museum was a transportation museum so not really my cup of tea, but was still cool to see what people were able to create without the help of all the technology we have today. (Also something that my Dad, and my brother-in-law would have enjoyed.) The Glyptohek is an art museum, though I would call it more of an art gallery.




On the 4th of September we also took a two hour train ride to Salzburg, Austria and let me first say that this town in absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Let me just show you...
 This is the view I have to school every single day and I feel so incredibly lucky. My housemate (Rachel) and I also walk through a garden on our way to school. I'm excited to see this place in the fall!






Okay, this is all I've got for this week. I have a busy and fun week ahead of me full of different field trips and activities which should be a lot of fun. It will most likely be a few weeks until the next post is up because next weekend is full of fun things for us all to do as a group.
Until then,
Auf Wiedersehen 


















2 comments:

  1. The pictures are absolutely breathtaking, and I must say it makes me miss living in Germany even more. My favorite vacation by far was to Salzburg. I look forward to further posts! Have fun and hopefully you all will get to visit Mozart's home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Morgan so looking forward to your next entry, you are totally blessed & so very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete