Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy Monday,
It's the start of my third week here in Salzburg and an exiting one it should be. But first lets recap the last week...
We had our first week of actual classes last week which was actually kind of fun. Still doesn't feel like actual school to me though. Still feels like vacation and we just happen to be learning German and the history of the country we are in. I'll take it though. :-)
On Tuesday September 9th, we had our first Stammtisch of the semester. For those of you that don't know what a stammtisch is, it's where a group of people meet up however often they choose and catch up and have a drink of some kind. Our first one was at a cute little coffee shop in town. I got a chai latte which was fairly good, though it had too much foam for my liking. On Wednesday the 10th,  we had a tour of the city center. Was able to see a beautiful cathedral. I love seeing all the old churches just for their pure beauty and craftsmanship. We also walked through a cemetery, and saw Mozart's house.



Now we will skip ahead to Saturday the 12th because that's when the week got fun. I hiked up a mountain. (what the mountain was called and what the elevation is, is something I am figuring out. Will post when I know.) Hiking up a mountain is something I never thought I would do in a million years!! It was most certainly a challenge physically but the view from the top was well worth it. From the top of the mountain we then hiked up the ice caves which were beautiful. But climbing over 700 stairs after hiking up a mountain was less than desirable.
Shout out to Jake Kloiber for taking the photographs inside the ice caves. Your secret camera skills are very much appreciated. ;-)











Now we've made it to Sunday September 14th, the most fun I've had in awhile. We went canyoning. I have a few pictures now but we have to wait for our guides to send us the ones they took while going through the canyons. It was exciting, slightly terrifying, and just fun. Plus a lot of work...sitting here before I go to school this morning (Monday 9/15) I am most certainly sore. I may just be converted to an out doorsy girl by the time I get home.






Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment